Push Past Pain – Pain Management Program
Pain is a very common problem, which may be sudden and severe or long lasting and disabling. Figtree Private Hospital’s inpatient Pain Management program supports patients who are suffering from chronic pain and require assistance to improve their quality of life.
You may be a suitable candidate for the Push Past Pain program if you are:
- experiencing chronic pain
- recovering from a trauma, accident or injury
- suffering from a condition such as arthritis, neuropathic pain or fibromyalgia
- tolerating pain that has not been reduced by medication or physiotherapy
Our Pain Management program is led by highly experienced Rehabilitation Physicians working closely with a team of multi-disciplinary professionals including:
- Nursing staff
- Occupational therapists
- Social workers
Under the Push Past Pain, Pain Management Program you will be admitted for one week and will undertake a closely supervised therapy program developed for your individual needs. Your specialised treatment plan may include:
- Medical assessment and management of pain
- Physiotherapy including strengthening, conditioning and mobility exercises
- Occupational therapy focusing on performing activities of daily living, energy conservation, and lifestyle modifications
- Counselling to assist with stress, dealing with pain, mood improvement and sleep disturbance
- Development of a diet plan and weight control advice
- Education covering a range of topics including: pain management strategies, lifestyle modification, mobility and exercise
- Referrals to other specialists and services if required
Your rehabilitation team meets regularly to discuss your progress and review your program. You are part of the team and will be encouraged to be involved in all steps of your pain management care.
Following discharge from the Push Past Pain inpatient program, you may be referred to a day rehabilitation program or outpatient service at Lawrence Hargrave Private Hospital or another suitable facility. This will be discussed with you and your family to allow you to plan accordingly.
To find out more about our rehabilitation programs, please call 02 4255 5000 or contact us by email.