Maternity: Maternity Unit – Figtree/ Wollongong
On behalf of all our staff, we extend a warm welcome and thank you for considering Figtree Private Hospital. Your care and comfort are our primary concern and we are pleased to provide important information on the services available.
Figtree Private Hospital understands the importance of your birth experience and preparation for birth.
Having a baby is a very personal experience and a very important time of your life.
Our experienced and caring maternity unit team are available 24 hours a day to provide you with individualised postnatal care. We are there to assist you with feeding or settling your baby, attending to your medical needs or to offer general parenting advice and support.
Our team are committed to providing a caring, comfortable and supportive environment for you and your family.
The birth suite has 4 fully equipped suites, each with its own bathroom facilities.
The ward has 18 single rooms and 2 twin share rooms.
Special Care Nursery
Figtree Private Hospital provides you with the reassurance that should your baby require special care nursery support, a specially equipped Special Care Nursery is available.
The nursery is a 4 bed, low dependency unit for the treatment of premature and sick babies.
- Modern amenities – flat screen TV, minifridge, phone and ensuite.
- Foxtel TV and Wi-Fi.
- A la carte menu.
- Partner overnight stay option.
- Free onsite visitor parking.
- Choice of Obstetrician and Paediatrician.
- Experienced and dedicated team of Midwives and Nurses.
- Specialist Lactation Consultant.
- Out-patient breastcare and feeding service (nominal fee).
- Post-natal physiotherapy classes.
- Breastfeeding classes.