Maternity: When should you come to hospital
When should you come to hospital
Always ring the midwife first or any time you are unsure of what is happening or what to do. Phone: (02) 4255 5081 or (02) 4255 5070
- When your contractions are lasting around 35-45 seconds every five minutes for at least an hour.
- If your waters break or you think they have.
- If you are bleeding from the vagina
- If you require pain relief
- If you are concerned with the movements of your baby
- If you feel unwell.
Access to Birthing Suite
Always use the front entrance of the hospital. If the front doors are locked, press the night bell to the left of the front doors and wait for the supervisor to answer. Proceed past reception to the Birthing Suite doors, press the bell and enter (do not wait outside; the bell is to let the midwife know you have arrived as she may be with another patient).