Employment: Volunteers Wanted
We are currently seeking volunteers to provide a highly valued service to our patients. You may be a student or retiree, or just someone who has some time to give. Volunteers come from many backgrounds and walks of life and we recognise and value every volunteer’s unique ability. The role of a volunteer at Figtree Private Hospital is to help provide a positive experience for patients and to make a significant difference daily to them, their family and friends and staff. The volunteer recognises diversity by treating all people with dignity and respect.
Who can volunteer?
- People who have some available time and who wish to help others.
- People with a happy enthusiastic approach to life.
- People who enjoy chatting or being with others.
- People who enjoy being part of a team.
- People who care about others.
- People who want to make a difference.
What are the benefits of volunteering?
- The ability to work as valued members of the team.
- Experience new challenges, share and learn skills and abilities.
- Having fun, meeting new people and building friendships.
- Enrich the world of others whilst enriching your own.
- Satisfaction from doing something different to make a difference!
- Access to Ramsay employee club – deals and discounts with over 4,500 suppliers in travel and accommodation, dining and fast food, leisure and entertainment, health and beauty and shopping and retail.
What are some of the volunteer roles?
- Talking with patients.
- Assisting with patient’s meals.
- Arranging and refreshing patients’ flowers.
- Delivering newspapers and magazines.
- Escorting patients from Reception.
- Making up patient information packs.
- Tidying patient rooms.
How do I become a volunteer?
Contact the Clinical Services Manager - Orinda Jones on (02) 4255 5098.
You will be asked to come to the hospital to meet with us to talk about:
- Your interest in volunteering.
- What you hope to gain from your volunteer experience.
- Your preferred areas of service.
- Your available time and how best we can help you to become a part of the Figtree Private Volunteer family.